Thursday, May 13, 2010

What type are we?

In the diagnostic, I got a S-C type. Honestly, I think the result is quite accurate. I am that kind of a person who just wants to get problems solved and things done. From the way I think, the society needs more people who really can do something rather than people who leads someone else and have things done by others. I am glad that I am one of them.
It doesn’t mean that leaders are not important. They are important also, but it depends on other situations. I am from China. In China, the education is quite different. We have to study all the necessary techniques and skills in order to solve the problems. We didn’t discuss anything about leader, except for those in the history. So I think this is the reason which determines my characteristics.
In the U.S., situations are quite different. One of the phonemes here is the culture difference. That is, the culture here always encourages people to be leaders. Movies like Forrest Gump, Superman, Air Force One all have the same theme: one people could change the world. Even though these are only movies, they reflect what people’s values in this society are.
Back to the topic. I believe some of the people may be able to change their types. However, it has to take a lot of efforts. The reason is simply, there is no superman here in the world. People who good at one thing doesn’t mean that he/she would be good at another thing. It is limited by their hobbies, education, cultural background and many other factors. The better we know our limits, the better we can succeed with our talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment